I received a message.. “Do you remember what Daddy said for Grace?”
MY mind started reeling. Repeating it over in my head.. Again and again. Was it this? Wait, was it that?
Then I finally got it. As close as we can remember. He’s in heaven now. We are left with memories.
We are thankful for the memories. A father who said grace before each meal. I often wondered why it was the same prayer. Now, I’m so glad it was. Repetition drives it deep into our minds and hearts.
My husband was impacted by a line in the prayer. He said that our Daddy must have really had a lot to be thankful for and knew it because Daddy always said : “And give us thankful hearts for all those our many blessings.” I’m still not sure if it was thankful or grateful. It’s crazy how the smallest things matter now.
Today, on my family’s first Thanksgiving with Daddy in Heaven and the rest of us here, I’m choosing to be Thankful for all those our many blessings. Daddy taught us that.
So, here is Daddy’s “Grace” as good as I can remember:
(Bless this food to the nourishment of our bodies and our bodies to thy service. And give us thankful hearts for all those our many blessings.
I may not remember it all.. Perfectly.. But what I do remember is this: Daddy was thankful. He loved life. He didn’t waste a single moment of his life. He was selfless and his hearts desire was to never be able to “say no to those who need and ask for help.”
I’m choosing thankfulness today and every single day.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I love you! Most importantly, JESUS loves you. He commands us as CHRISTIANS to give thanks in all circumstances. It’s not a little suggestion.. It’s a command.
Truth is, you can’t give thanks and not be filled with joy at the same time. Try it.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 ~ Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
Today I am thankful for:
1) The grace and mercy that Jesus shows me.
2) A legacy of a father who modeled thankfulness and a true heart for Jesus by his actions.
3) A husband who loves Jesus and loves me.
4) Our daughters. They make my heart swell.
5) My Momma…she models The Proverbs 31 woman. She’s my momma and my friend.
6) All of our family…sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins.
7) My husband’s parents..who have always been so good to me and treat me like their own. They both Love The LORD so much and model Jesus to everyone.
8) Friends…so many who bless me in so many ways. Near and far, old and new. I am blessed.
9) My church family..Missions..
10) That Jesus would choose an ordinary person like me as HIS vessel for serving.
What are you choosing to be thankful for today?
Until Next Time,